Q: What should I kmow about cleaning the cot?
A: The product is power washable. The product may show some signs of oxidation or discoloration from continuous washing. No degradation of the product’s performance will occur from power washing as long as you follow the proper procedures.
- Follow the cleaning solution manufacturer’s dilution recommendations exactly
- The preferred method Stryker Medical recommends for power washing the product is with the standard hospital surgical cart washer or hand held wand unit
- Clean the cot once a month
- Clean Velcro® after each use. Saturate Velcro® with disinfectant and allow disinfectant to evaporate. Appropriate disinfectant for nylon Velcro® should be determined by the service.
- Immersing restraint strap metal buckles can cause buckle corrosion and is not recommended
- Rinse with clean water and allow to air dry to reduce chance of corrosion
- Replace restraints if metal buckles are corroded
Note: Water that gets into the M-1 Roll-In System will drain through the drain tube to the underside of the vehicle.
- Do not steam clean or ultrasonically clean the product
- Do not exceed 180° F (82° C) as the maximum water temperature
- Do not exceed 1500 psi (130.5 bar) as the maximum water pressure
- If you are using a hand held wand to wash the product, keep the pressure nozzle at a minimum of 24 in. (61 cm) from the product
- Always allow to air dry
- Do not clean, disinfect, service, or perform maintenance while the product is in use
- Always use any appropriate personal protective equipment while power washing to avoid inhaling contagion. Power washing equipment may aerate contamination.
Errors and omission excepted