Q: When and how to do the routine checks on the LUCAS device?
A: Weekly, and after each use of the LUCAS , perform the following:
- Make sure that the device is clean.
- Make sure that a new Suction Cup is installed.
- Make sure that the Patient Straps are attached.
- Make sure that the two support leg straps of the Stabilization Strap are attached around the support legs, and that the neck strap is placed in the Carrying Case.
- Pull the release rings upwards to make sure that the claw locks are open.
- Make sure that the Battery is fully charged. When the LUCAS device is in the OFF mode, push MUTE. The Battery indicator illuminates and shows the Battery charge status
- Push ON/OFF to make the device do a self test. Make sure the ADJUST LED illuminates with no alarm or warning LED.
- Push ON/OFF to power off the device again.
- Make sure that the external Power Supply cord is not damaged.
Errors and omission excepted